07 May 2012

CQJP - April - WIP

CQJP - April - WIP

I've had a busy and enjoyable week of stitching.
Here is what I have been up to.

My April Crazy Quilt Block - the Naked block


And here are some seam treatments close up photos.

Back to back Crossed Buttonhole stitch (TAST stitch week 18) in pale green perle cotton.



A couched blue satin ribbon and green cotton floss detached daisy's forming a 'V'. This seam treatment will have more added to it later. Probably beads.



This next seam started out as a double herringbone using two colours.


It may look alright in the photo, but on the block the colours were all wrong, so I went over it with a wrapping stitch.



And this is a chain variation whose name I have forgotten.



As I completely forgot to add a crochet piece on last months block, I thought I had better get one made early on for this block, just in case I forget again.
This time I made a crochet ruffle.



So that is my April block WIP so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment