13 July 2012

TAST Week 27 - Bonnet Stitch

TAST Week 27 - Bonnet Stitch


So here is my TAST Bonnet Stitch for week 27. Worked on my hand dyed fabric that will  be made into a stitch sampler book later.
These two rows are worked in different ways. The top row is with the first 'wrap' going OVER the bar then under it from right to left..... and the second row has the 'wrap' first going UNDER the bar from left to right before going over it.


Personally, I prefer the second method. This sample was stitched with no.12 Perle cotton and shows the stitch well.

This next pic is still the Bonnet stitch. An experiment to see if it would work around corners. Took a bit of concentration to get it to look even on all three sides. Almost got it right, but not quite, lol.
Pale blue 'candlewicking' thread used.

The Bonnet Stitch did not inspire me to get creative, but that does not mean I don't like the stitch. I actually found it a rather therapeutic stitch to work, and I will be using it again perhaps with some experimental seam treatments on the crazy quilt.


Inspiration

I have been watching a few friends and their crazy quilts progressing through the months, block by block, and I have been very impressed with how lace doily's have been incorporated in the blocks, so when I saw this pile of crochet and tatted doily's my local charity shop, I knew I had a future use for them.


And this Damask tablecloth...... have now increased my 'embellishing' stash.



CQJP

Non-existent this week. I've not even got the naked block for July made. Hope to catch up during the week.


Happy Stitching



No comments:

Post a Comment