Happy New Year
2018 Goals - my year of 4’s
- Spend more time with hubby and put the ‘4-second’ rule into action - Did you know that it only takes 4 seconds to look at a person when they talk to you for them to appreciate and recognize that you are taking notice of them and that they are important to you at that moment.
- Make 4 things for each of my 4 children - I have so many things that my mum and dad made for me, that I treasure, and I want to pass that same love on to my kiddlywinks.
- Complete the crazy patchwork quilt that I started 4 years ago.
- Play some more with freeform bobbin lace and weaving.
- Knitting - I want to learn more than just the basic stitch, and stop being afraid of knitting.
- Make a start on My NZ Dolls House - aka 'Pilli Pala' - and the furnishings within.
- Work on 4 of my embroidery WIP’s. I’ll be happy if I get even one of these 4 finished.
That’s my lot….. apart from all the crochet projects that are a part of my ‘normal’ daily life too.
Here are some of the projects that I finished in the last couple of months of 2017 and didn't get to post on here about.
Debra the Zebra Firberart- freeform crochet, bobbin lace, & weaving.
I made my Rock Pool bigger and better, and finished it in time for the Regional Embroiderers Guild show, where it won 1st place in the 3D category.... woohoo... go me.
A decorative freeform crochet box.
I've a YouTube video of it HERE where you can see the whole thing better.
A couple of woolly hats for His'n'Hers' Christmas pressies.
The one on the left is a pony tail beanie.
And this is the beginning of a mandala blanket.
Whatever you do in 2018 make sure you have FUN.