26 January 2012

TAST Week 4 - Cretan Stitch

TAST Week 4 - Cretan Stitch

Knowing that I have a very busy week this week, I got stitching this Cretan Stitch on the Tuesday when Sharon first posted it on her blog.

I enjoyed creating these variations of the stitch and will definitely 'play' some more with it.

From left to right the stitches are:

Cretan Stitch in lilac

Various stitch lengths and widths in navy blue

Knotted Cretan in light blue
(this one took a bit of coaxing to get it right, and even then I had trouble getting the knots to stay in place, but I persevered with it)

Raised Cretan in green

Open Double Raised Cretan in green


And the reason I have a busy week this week is that hubby (that crazy-dooman) bought a boat last weekend and has given me a shopping list of things he needs for it and things to do to get it ready for taking out this coming long-weekend - and he also says I need to buy a life jacket and a wet-suit for myself (waaaahhhhhaaaahaaa). I have no idea where he got the impression that I would be accompanying him. He knows I love swimming and is trying to entice me to go out on the boat with him. But I have no love of the ocean and I hate (no that is not too strong a word for it) fishing.

Wish me luck, and I hope I return here in one piece to stitch TAST week 5.

4 comments:

  1. Really nice variations on the Cretan Stitch Cy. I just did variations on the basic Cretan. I like the knotted and raised versions. Good luck with the whole boating/fishing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could stitch while he fishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live by the ocean in AUSTRALIA. My husband does not ask to take me fishing any more. He just gets a friend and leaves me to sew at home. This way we get along great. Great stitching. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great variations.

    ReplyDelete