26 June 2013

"Take a Chance" Embroidery & TAST

I have had another very productive long weekend away at our proposed new home site, and my sofa currently looks like this with loads of different house plans and ideas that we are "trying on" for size. I've got to make sure I can fit everyone and everything in. 
It's a very exciting time (but I'm sure it will get more stressful the closer we get to the actual build). At the moment we are in designing mode, and I'm in my element there.





Wahooo......... I have actually managed to get some TAST stitches done on my 
CHANCE Embroidery this week.

The pale pink at the bottom is the Bullion Buttonhole Stitch.
(sorry the pic is a bit blurred)



Some Buttonhole Wheels in a variegated pink/green thread.



This next one is a funny little stitch called the Crested Chain Stitch.
It is meant to have a nice braided effect when worked evenly, but my 'roll of the DICE' called for "irregular stitch", and so I ended up with a happy frilly looking thing. I love how I don't have control over what I stitch on this project. I get so many lovely surprises along the way.




And here is another TAST stitch called Slipped Detached Chain Stitch.
(I think it looks like a row of palm trees on a desert island)



And a photo of the whole of this Chance piece so far, with "roll of the dice" telling me to use: lace, wool, braiding, irregular stitch, couching, and some other things as well that are yet to be applied to this piece.



Ok, back to the drawing board for me now.

Happy Stitching




















1 comment:

  1. Such fun, getting to design your very own house! I hope you leave lots of room for displaying your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete