19 June 2013

My Free Form Embroidery of CHANCE Project Update

Just a little bit more stitching (and playing) done on my CHANCE project.
Random choices made by the throw of the dice.
You may have seen the purple stitched circle before, as that was a previous CHANCE stitching. This weeks throws of the dice asked for "circle", "applique", "zig-zag", "ribbon embellishment", and "the number 3" amongst other things. 
This is what has randomly happened so far:


This is not finished yet. Lots more randome 'stuff' to happen yet.

If you missed how this project started I will recap a little bit here (to remind myself too).
____________

(Recap)

This project is called: "An Embroidery of CHANCE"

My 2013 TAST EMBROIDERY project commences with 3 DICE and a coin-toss
(or is 'die' the correct plural for dice?) 



It will be a true Embroidery of Chance and I am expecting to have a lot of fun along the way.

And to quote my previous post about this project -
CHANCE will determine every aspect of embroidery.
I will take whatever TAST stitch occurs each week - that is the first RANDOM aspect to happen that I have no control over.
And then.......every placement, every thread, every fiber, every stitch, every characteristic, every style - will be taken by chance, and will be innovativefresh and contemporary.

This project will be FREE FORM embroidery. No plan, no design, no barriers, no idea what is coming up next.
There is also NO finished item planned. The stitching IS the project. '
______________
(end of recap)

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Happy Stitching



No comments:

Post a Comment