20 March 2013

About Housework & Stitching

Stitching or Housework?
It's a dilemma, I know. 
Yes I am guilty of letting the housework lapse because
 I just HAVE to finish.....  >enter your project here<

.......this crazy quilt block
.....or that embroidered part on the 'other' project
.....or another couple of rows of crochet
.....or read another chapter or two of this gripping novel

I digress.

Over the weekend I have suddenly that discovered that not only do I need to be in the right frame of mind for stitching, I actually NEED to be in the right physical place as well. 
Is that weird?

This is how I found that eureka moment.
My hubby has suffered with back problems for quite a few years. 
Late last year he discovered that sitting on MY arm chair helped ease his back pain, and so he claimed my chair as his.
I don't mind giving up my chair at all, anything to ease his pain is ok with me.
But this weekend, while I was doing the housework, I changed all the chairs around so that my, new chair, is where my old one was by the French window, which is where he has been sitting ever since taking over my good chair.
What a remarkable difference it has made to my stitching in just a few days. I am back to being enthusiastic about it and have a much clearer idea of what I want to stitch (I have been in a bit of a muddle this year over stitching). I hadn't realized that moving to another chair in another part of the lounge room had dulled a part of my stitching enthusiasm.

So, since my spring cleaning  housework on Sunday, and changing the furniture around, here are some stitching progress photos.


My CHANCE project - Free Form at it's finest

The roll of a dice, and toss of a coin, choose what I do, what colour I use, what shape it is, and where it goes.
I was meant to be using the TAST stitches for this, but have not incorporate them in these pieces......yet.

Chance #2

Chance #3 

Chance #4 




The Stained Glass Rose Window is double what it was last week.
I now have six 'bits' sewn up, which is a half of the complete Rose window shape.



I have also been crocheting for the IFFCG challenge. A project that is to be completed sometime in May, but must not be shown online until the final show is published.
I will share that piece when THE SHOW goes public.


Happy Stitching




1 comment:

  1. Interesting - who knew just the position of your work space could make such a difference.

    ReplyDelete