07 December 2011

Crazy Quilt Ideas

Progress on the Crazy Quilt that I am making to do my TAST stitching on.

I have eventually found the blue/teal colour that I was looking for, and I was in such a hurry to photograph it that I haven't even washed or ironed it yet.

I have played with arrangement ideas and colour schemes in my digital program and come up with the following ideas that I am happy to continue with refining until I get the modern/contemporary look for my traditionally stitched CQ blocks.


12 blocks in 4 x 4 arrangement joined edge to edge around a large square in centre for extra embellishments.
The centre could also be another CQ block or applique focal point.


Same arrangement of 12 blocks 4 x 4, but with sashing between blocks, and a black border on centre square and black binding around whole wall hanging.



Almost the same as above, but with a solid black square centre piece. Plenty of scope for TAST embroidery on that black square.



3 x 5 arrangement around a large central rectangle. I rather like the wide black border too.
Now this is more what I am looking for and I'm starting to feel that I'm getting somewhere with the designing.



Change the orientation and add WELCOME to the middle (I might not really add this to the final work), and my wall hanging is just right for the wall in my entrance hall that is right opposite the front door.

So much for my earlier thoughts that I definitely wanted a square wall hanging.

The blue/teal coloured areas in any of my designs above could also be made up of CQ strips and blocks in similar colours, tones and shades to that lovely fabric I have found. 

No more prevarication, digital or otherwise.
I'm ready for the needle and thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment