04 December 2011

2012 TAST & CQJP project

2012 TAST & CQJP project.

I have signed up for both the TAST and the CQJP challenges for 2012. 
 
TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) is an embroidery stitching challenge run by SharonB of Pintangles. Aim -  to focus on one particular stitch (one a week for the whole year) with an emphasis on advancing personal stitching skills.
 
 CQJP (Crazy Quilt Journal Project) is to create 12 Crazy Quilt blocks (one a month for the whole year). Aim -  to increase awareness of crazy quilting internationally and to provide a central location for the public to view examples of crazy quilt projects in progress and completed. Details here.
 
Both these challenges complement each other and I shall be using some of the TAST stitches as embellishment on a CQ wall hanging in a particular colour scheme that I have never used before (that is an extra challenge to myself). I also envisage using the TAST challenge stitches on another piece that will, hopefully, satisfy my “free form” and mixed media yearning. I am, predominantly, a hand-stitcher by choice, so I can see these challenges taking up quite a bit of my time.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment