23 May 2018

A Little Bit of Fiberart Fun

This fun fiberart small quilt is now hanging in the towns meeting room along with about 18 similarly size 'self-portrait' quilts, haha. 

And I use the words 'self-portrait' very loosely.
(this is nothing like me really, lol)


The mini-me has a scrap strip fabric dress embellished with free-motion scrolls, a crochet bag with embroidered flowers, and she has a needle-felted head, hair AND boobs, and she wears metal wire glasses and two thread friendship bracelets. 
Her sandals (flip-flops or jandals) are made with a tiny buttonhole stitch in black thread.
The other mini-me's are all on a similar background with the same binding, and they are all connected together with fabric tabs in the same colour as the binding. 

_________________________________________

I have finished a quilted chair back cover, or antimacassar, for the old-rocker in the lounge.
It's the Snowball block.


________________________________

My old teapot cozy bit the dust (it was only about 12 years old lol) so I made a new one.
Love the kiwi fruit fabric for the kitchen.


______________________________________

The grey and green background that I made while on that lovely stitching retreat a couple of weeks ago, has turned into a quilted tote-style bag.
A Splat on one side, and a Swirl on the other.

  

____________________________________

And my final show for this week is a couple of 'containers'.
Basically made as thread-catchers, but can be used for a number of different things as well.


I need one of these next to my sewing machine because I'm always losing the seam-ripper or little scissors or the feet for the machine or the bobbins or.............

These nice containers will hold everything I need right there.
______________________________

So you can see I have been sewing up a storm since the retreat. 
It was a great way to get me back on track.

All for now.
Happy Stitching
Cyra


4 comments:

  1. You've definitely been busy! Gotta love those boobs (and that wonderful dress!) and the Splat and Swirl bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, If only I was really THAT well endowed, lol. The dress is somewhat inspired from a hippie skirt that I made for myself many years ago.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful sewing items. Love the little containers. They would be fabulous anywhere for any number of uses. The tote bag is smashing! It would make a fantastic on the go project bag. Your sewing has inspired me to get back to my machine and give it some love,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marsha. That is exactly what I am using the bag for, lol. I'm happy to have inspired you to get back to loving and using your machine. It was going on the sewing retreat that gave me back my love for my machine.

      Delete