27 March 2017

Sampler Catch-up & Crochet Block

I've been busy on my genealogy work over the last couple of weeks, hence not much happening on the stitching side here. I have made a great headway on one particular small branch of my tree, and I always get a lump in my throat when certain discoveries pop up in my research. It is so interesting to discover new people in my tree.

But now I've actually got some stitching things done again I can show you what I've been up to.

The Embroidery Sampler has two small simple stitch bands added.
(sorry the photo seems blurred)


....and here is the full sampler so far.

__________________________________________________________________

BAMCAL 2017

The12" Block Seven for my Blues Blanket is That One Sister
Again, I have adapted the pattern to suit my personal preference (the freeformer in me always wants to take over, lol).

_______________________________________________________________

And....... tada!!!!
This is a sneak preview of a pattern that will be released soon.



___________________________________________________________

So the only 'finish' that I can add to my YOP (Year Of Projects) is the 12" crochet square.

_____________________________________________________________

Tony & I have been out for a couple of coastal walks, all close to our home.
The first photo is Opunake beach from the cliff top (looking north across to Middleton Bay), and the second photo is the walk past Opunake lake and heading south to the next bay.



Two very different coast views and an enjoyable couple of days adventures.

See you next week when I hope to have more of the sampler done, and another 12" square, 
plus whatever else takes my fancy.







12 comments:

  1. Love your sampler. I'm working on a challenge called the Never Ending Sampler. I'm enjoying it very much. I also do genealogy research. I actually recieved an email today from someone on Ancestry who may be related to me. Very exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ann. I also saw the Never Ending Sampler sal and was going to include some of those bands on this sampler too. Yes it is very exciting to 'grow' your genealogy tree with real people who want to get in touch with you. Good luck with your contacts.

      Delete
  2. Very dramatic flower square! Wow!

    Lovely photos of your coastal walk. So restoring to be at the shore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynn. I must admit that I rather like (love) living here at the coast.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:22

    What a great week you've had from nice views to some great stitchin'. I like how those flowers pop from its square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie, yes, the texture on the flowers really pop.

      Delete
  4. Your cross stitch sampler is beautiful, Cyra. And I like your block. I haven't been inspired yet to crochet any blocks this month. With only one week left, I'm beginning to think it's not going to happen. Thank you for sharing pictures from your walk. I want to take a coastal walk now, too. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki. There's always next months crochet blocks to inspire you. Lets hope they ARE inspiring blocks, lol.

      Delete
  5. I love our sampler and you definitely have me curious about the mystery pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The square is gorgeous and the sampler will be stunning. I think that is plenty for a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cross stitch sampler. The sneak peak of the pattern is very enticing. Will be watching for it to release.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genealogy is an interest here too - it's such fun to add new branches and discover new family members. There are never enough hours in the day to create AND work on family history. Looking forward to seeing the pattern when it's released.

    ReplyDelete