YAY..... I've finished this block now.
I like this one, it has some interesting shapes and seam treatments.
So now I have to await the big move in November when I shall be reunited with my stash to make the next naked block and start embroidering on it.
I shall have to invent a new crafty project to occupy my hands in between packing. ALL my 'stuff' is now out of reach, and I dare not go shopping for more because I'm fed up with packing it all away and out of sight.
And while I'm on the subject of packing --- I was in a dilemma about what to do with this:
It's a lovely piece of furniture, and I love playing on it (a perfect sound). I have been trying to get Tony to agree to keeping it, but it is rather big, bulky, and heavy, and he says we are rapidly running out of storage space. So I have been thinking about giving it away to someone who will love it as much as I do. Maybe the local primary schools could suggest a child or family who could make very good use of it.
Anyway, the problem of what to do with it solved itself yesterday.
I turned it on and started to play a sad tune on what I thought would be my very last time on the lovely organ. After about 3 minutes there was a splutter, a loud fizz, and then an even louder bang, followed by an enormous amount of smoke coming up through the keys.
Yes..... I killed the keyboard.