12 September 2016

New Leaf Freeform Project

Last week I showed you the flower scrumbles that were the start of this New Leaf Project.
This week I have made a good start on the 'greenery' background to this project.
I warped up my rigid heddle loom with a coarse random variegated yarn, and now I'm on the fun part.
The weaving, so far, consists of 'normal' loom weaving using the heddle and shed, and I'm also using needle weaving and various knots in a spontaneous way to create an abstract garden scene.


After viewing this photo on my phone/camera (and here in 2D) I think it could also be interpreted as a country landscape scene, whereas I was imagining it, while making it, as a birds-eye view of a garden, I can now see it's dual perspective.
I shall have to just carry on and see where my muse takes me.

A little bit of stitching has been made on my Crazy Quilt block, but not enough to take a photo.

More tidying/unpacking in my craft studio has given me a much better workspace.

Mid-week, I actually baked two cakes. Not very often I get the urge to make a cake, but I thought I would give Tony a treat now that he is back home again.

Saturday morning just after 10am we had a bit of an earth quake here. It rocked me in my armchair from side to side, and if my cup of tea had been full it would have spilled on the side-table.

A lovely sunny day yesterday saw me in the garden catching up with some weeding around the paths.

That was my week.

Happy Stitching






12 comments:

  1. You do so many different crafts. I find it really inspirational although honestly I barely have time for what I do now so learning something new... I just cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your different perspectives on the freeform project are very interesting. I liked it simply for the variety of colors and stitches, but understanding what you're going for adds even more understanding. I look forward to watching it form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the weaving, I see a landscape there as well. Looking forward to seeing its progress. We have ad a couple of quakes here as well, Perhaps they are aftershocks of the big one a week ago?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the weaving, I see a landscape there as well. Looking forward to seeing its progress. We have ad a couple of quakes here as well, Perhaps they are aftershocks of the big one a week ago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love the weaving. Weaving is right next to spinning which are both top of my list on what next to try. They both fascinate me and I love how your picture will have a dual aspect and I can see already how you mean it to be a birds eye view but I can also see how it would have a landscape view as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weaving is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the weaving! I've enjoyed some off-loom weaving in the past, but have never woven on a loom. I see the landscape and I'm interested in seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weaving is amazing! What a beautiful picture you are creating. We had an earthquake here too but I never felt it....the center was Oklahoma which is the next state west of me here in the states. They felt it big time! I have some quilts I need to work on too....don't feel bad. We're just putting our gardens to bed here while yours are just waking up! LOL! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressed with your weaving. I look forward to seeing it finished but it does look wonderfully landscapy. (is that even a word??)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very impressed with your weaving. I look forward to seeing it finished but it does look wonderfully landscapy. (is that even a word??)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weaving is gorgeous, so much looks like a landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your weaving is gorgeous, so much looks like a landscape.

    ReplyDelete